A leading Global Banking Group is seeking a Legal Counsel VP to support the UK Trust & Depositary business to be based in Edinburgh
Reporting to the Head of Legal for UK Trust & Depositary the role-holder will sit in the Legal Team and be responsible for supporting the UK Trust & Depositary Business (“T&D”).
The role is primarily a legal support role within a Funds context.
- support the head of Legal in the review of new scheme documentation together with annual and ad-hoc changes to existing scheme documentation;
- assume primary responsibility for the review of documentation relating to the conduct of transactions for the acquisition, management and disposal of immovable property and will be required to take the legal lead on property transactions under the supervision of the Head of Legal for UK T&D;
- take responsibility for preparing and keeping up to date standard template legal agreements, assisting with and ultimately leading contract negotiations and preparing and managing execution; and
- generally assist the Head of Legal in legal matters in relation to the day-to-day trustee and depositary activities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Contracts Management
- Legal Agreements
- Property Fund Transactions
- Custody Agreements
- Scheme Documentation Reviews
- Committees and Councils
- General Matters
Seeking a Legal Counsel with experience within financial services whether in-house or private practice.
Some knowledge of FCA Rule books, AIFMD and UCITS Directives is beneficial.
Desired technical experience includes:
- Knowledge of and familiarity with FCA Specialist Handbooks (including COLL, FUND and CASS) and of AIFMD and UCITS Directives.
- Operational and execution-based knowledge of property.
- Funds or Depositary experience.
The candidate should also have:
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Demonstrable ability to quickly analyse problems and to devise and deliver appropriate solutions.
- Credible and strong stakeholder management experience, at all levels, with the ability to prioritise, manage expectations, obtain stakeholder buy-in and escalate appropriately.
- Flexible and adaptable working style to react to changing priorities.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team and across business partner functions.
- Self-motivation to drive delivery against objectives.
Ref: 25367 Our client are looking for a Digital Marketing Executive to support the existing team in delivering key digital…
Ref: 25326 Our Client is an established asset manager based in the City looking to hire a Digital Marketing Associate…
Ref: 25421 Do you have IBA experience within the Lloyd’s Insurance Market? Then I have the role for you. Our…